The Undergraduate Program

Transfer Courses 

To have courses outside of Columbia University evaluated and approved as eligible towards the major or concentration, students must first complete the courses, then bring the following documents to the Undergraduate Administrator or email the documents to ( for review.

Please note: The maximum number of transfer courses that can be applied to a Plan of Study is 3 for majors and 2 for concentrators and that transfer courses are still subject to Plan of Study approval by an Undergraduate Education Committee (UNDED) advisor.

  • A copy of your official Columbia transcripts indicating that the credits were approved by Columbia (this can be requested in SSOL).  Do not send a printout/screenshot of SSOL.
  • A copy of your transcript from the other institution, listing the grades received with requested courses highlighted.
  • Syllabi from the courses to be evaluated.
  • Current Plan of Study Form. (does not have to be UNDED approved)
  • A completed Transfer Credit Form
  • Available coursework from the courses, such as papers or exams (for courses outside the United States)