Graduate Handbook

Student Resources: Personal Information, Dossier Service, Forms, Important Contacts, and Webpages

Updating personal information: If a student's permanent or local address changes he or she should update their information on Student Services Online (SSOL).

To report issues and grievances: Students should first seek guidance from the DGS and if necessary from the Chair of the department.

Outside of the department, students may contact GSAS or the Office of the University Ombudsman.

Students on visas: if at any point you encounter an issue or if you have questions about your visa or status, please see the Department Administrator for advice. You may also contact the Office of International Students and Scholars directly.

Dossier service: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) and the Center for Career Education use Interfolio, a dossier service vendor for all credentials and letters related to search processes. All students must open an account online with Interfolio and referees can either upload online or mail their letters of recommendation to the service.

To assist in learning how to use this new service, the Center for Career Education has created an Interfolio Dossier Tip Sheet that provides both an overview of the available features and step-by-step instructions for using the system. This information can be found on the Center for Career Education website. Interfolio's website contains further information.

Columbia resources:

GSAS forms and pages:

Previous Index